- F Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/5.6 to f/32
- Three Extra-Low Dispersion Elements
- Super Integrated Coating
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- Vibration Reduction with Sport Mode
- Internal Focus, Manual Focus Override
- Electromagnetic Diaphragm Mechanism
- Detachable, Rotatable Tripod Collar
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
Spanning a long, versatile zoom range, the AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR Lens from Nikon is a telephoto zoom characterized by a constant f/5.6 maximum aperture for consistent performance throughout the zoom range. The optical design incorporates three extra-low dispersion glass elements to reduce chromatic aberrations and distortions for increased sharpness and color accuracy. Also contributing to improved image quality,a Super Integrated Coating has been applied to lens elements to lessen flare and ghosting for improved contrast and clarity.
A Silent Wave Motor AF system produces fast, near-silent focusing performance that suits both stills shooting and movie recording which can instantly be manually overridden by simply turning the manual focus ring. Further contributing to photographing in fast-paced situations and difficult lighting, VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization compensates for the effects of camera shake by up to 4.5 shutter speed stops. Additionally, an electromagnetic aperture mechanism is integrated into the lens design to provide greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with faster continuous shooting rates.
- Designed for use with FX image sensors, this lens is also compatible with DX sensors where it will provide a 300-750mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/5.6 maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range.
- Three extra-low dispersion glass elements work to reduce chromatic aberrations; improve overall image sharpness, clarity, and color fidelity; and help to minimize the overall weight of the lens.
- A Super Integrated Coating has been applied to lens elements to minimize surface and internal reflections for a marked reduction in lens flare and ghosting.
- Vibration Reduction image stabilization helps to reduce the appearance of camera shake for up to 4.5 shutter speed stops, benefiting this lens' use in low-light conditions. Additionally, a designated Sport Mode is well-suited to working in fast-paced conditions where panning and other lateral camera movements are more common.
- Silent Wave Motor autofocus mechanism provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance that is ideal for photographing fast-moving subjects.
- Full-time manual focus override allows instant switching between AF and MF focusing systems by just rotating the focus ring at any time.
- Internal focusing design maintains the overall lens length during operation and contributes to a lighter overall weight, as well as a minimum focusing distance of 7.2'.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
This mechanism limits the compatibility of this lens to the following cameras: D4 series, D3 series, Df, D810, D810A, D800 series, D750, D700, D610, D600, D300 series, D7200, D7100, D7000, D5500, D5300, D5200, D5100, D5000, D3300, D3200, D3100, Nikon 1 J1, J2, J3, J4 with FT-1, Nikon 1 V1, V2, V3 with FT-1, and Nikon 1 S1, S2 with FT-1.
- A rotating tripod collar offers well-balanced support for photographing atop a tripod or monopod with either vertical or horizontal shooting orientations.
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR Long Range Zoom Lens
Posted by Steve J on 2nd Jul 2020
I recently received my no long range zoom lens from Art's and immediately took it outside to try out. While the extremity of telephoto function was expected, it is after all a long range zoom lens, the ease of use and smooth operation of the functions was impressive. I was able to close in on a peregrine falcon chick nested in a tree in my front yard about 80 feet above ground from a position about 50 feet from the base of the trunk with wonderful results. The lens is a bit heavy for me because I had a bad shoulder and went in for surgery two days later, so a quality tripod is an absolute necessity for me. For a young guy, hand-held is doable as long as something is available to steady oneself against, fence, tree, etc. I consider the lens money well spent as I can photograph a bee on a flower from far enough away to not disturb its activity. I can't wait to get my arm out of the sling so I can take the lens out at night and zoom in on the moon!
|Quisque Rutrumos||Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et malesuada fames|
|Dehoncus||Faucibus orci luctus et ultrices|
|Destibulum Metus||Quisque rutrum rhoncus risus eget faucibus|
|Blandit Neques||Nam volutpat velit vitae felis pharetra ut destibulum|
Suspendisse tempor accumsan consectetur. Praesent sed adipiscing urna. Ut dignissim sodales mauris eget elementum. Sed at eros ipsum. Suspendisse lacinia, metus in sodales sodales, massa nisi congue neque, vel dictum magna orci commodo turpis. Cras sit amet blandit nulla. Quisque sollicitudin, felis ac pretium euismod loremous ligula condimentum sem, eget rutrum nulla urna in dui. Duis ornare mattis tortor nec mattis diam ultrices non.
Sed ullamcorper placerat turpis at dapibus. Nulla ut mi sed turpis semper molestie. Aenean a felis id augue convallis feugiat. Suspendisse a eros tempor, tincidunt massa a, mollis eros. Curabitur nisl dui, volutpat ac magna id, scelerisque ultricies purus. Donec in metus sit amet risus feugiat lacinia non quis ante. Integer in euismod urna. Donec imperdiet posuere leo, a porttitor nulla ullamcorper non.