The EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Lens from Canon is the L-series version of Canon's popular 100mm Macro lens. As an L-series lens it offers the utmost in optical construction, including ultra-low dispersion lens elements and moisture and dustproof seal structure on the barrel. Its 100mm focal length is effective for portraiture and other telephoto applications and as a macro lens with 1:1 magnification and a 12" minimum focus distance, it is ideal for life-size close-up imaging.
The lens features Hybrid Optical Image Stabilization with up to 4-stops of shake control for effective low light capture and with the vibration gyro and acceleration sensor it compensates for both angular and shift camera shake during close-up shooting. An ultrasonic focus motor (USM) provides quick and quiet auto-focusing and full-time manual focus override enables precise manual focus eve in AF mode. A focus range limiting function offers three distance ranges to control the range in which the AF looks for focus, thus reducing focusing time. Internal focus system means that the barrel does not extend when focusing, which is crucial when shooting macro.
This lens includes a dedicated lens hood and is compatible with an optional Canon tripod collar and Canon Macro Ring Lite.
- Tele-Macro Focal Length
- The convenient 100mm focal length of the Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Lens allows for a comfortable shooting distance between the camera and subject, and less chance of shadow interference when shooting at closer focusing ranges.
- Life-Size Image Reproduction
- The lens allows for continuous focusing down to 1:1 life-size magnification. Optional extension tubes can increase this ratio for even greater magnification.
- L-Series Optical Quality
- As a Canon L-series optic, the Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Lens can be counted among the sharpest, best-built, weatherproof optics available for Canon EOS SLR cameras.
- Hybrid Optical Image Stabilization
- With the vibration gyro and acceleration sensor, the hybrid image stabilization system is effective for close-up shots. With a 4-stop compensation the IS enables blur-free images when shooting telephoto in low light and when working close-up in macro mode.
- Quick and Quiet Focusing
- By incorporating an ultrasonic focus motor, Canon has improved the speed and reduced the noise levels of the lens's autofocus system, while still allowing for full-time manual override.
- Focus Range Limiter
- Focusing distance range can be selected with a switch on the lens barrel. By setting a suitable focusing distance range, actual autofocus time can be shortened. The three focusing ranges are 1-1.6', 1.6'-infinity and the full range of 1' to infinity.
|Quisque Rutrumos||Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et malesuada fames|
|Dehoncus||Faucibus orci luctus et ultrices|
|Destibulum Metus||Quisque rutrum rhoncus risus eget faucibus|
|Blandit Neques||Nam volutpat velit vitae felis pharetra ut destibulum|
Suspendisse tempor accumsan consectetur. Praesent sed adipiscing urna. Ut dignissim sodales mauris eget elementum. Sed at eros ipsum. Suspendisse lacinia, metus in sodales sodales, massa nisi congue neque, vel dictum magna orci commodo turpis. Cras sit amet blandit nulla. Quisque sollicitudin, felis ac pretium euismod loremous ligula condimentum sem, eget rutrum nulla urna in dui. Duis ornare mattis tortor nec mattis diam ultrices non.
Sed ullamcorper placerat turpis at dapibus. Nulla ut mi sed turpis semper molestie. Aenean a felis id augue convallis feugiat. Suspendisse a eros tempor, tincidunt massa a, mollis eros. Curabitur nisl dui, volutpat ac magna id, scelerisque ultricies purus. Donec in metus sit amet risus feugiat lacinia non quis ante. Integer in euismod urna. Donec imperdiet posuere leo, a porttitor nulla ullamcorper non.