New Year, Better Pictures—Keep Your Resolution With New Photography Equipment
The start of a new year is a time of hope—when we all plan for better things. If you’re hoping to take better pictures, keep this New Year’s resolution with a trip to Art’s Cameras Plus. Our expert sales staff can help you find just the right photography equipment to capture the best of the days and weeks ahead. Below are some of the things new and experienced photographers alike can use for better photos and video.
- Polarizing filter—this is one of the most popular lenses to add to your bag. It’s the key to eliminating unwanted reflections, so light won’t play off of water, glass, and other non-metallic surfaces in your shot. It also makes colors appear more clear and saturated, with better contrast—without affecting the overall color balance of your image.
- Mobile lens kit—very often, great photo opportunities happen unexpectedly. Be prepared by outfitting the camera that’s always at hand—the one on your smartphone. A mobile lens kit has a number of lens options that attach to your phone or tablet with a clip mount or magnet so you’re ready for anything. From wide angle and telephoto/macro to fisheye, mobile lenses are a fun way to get better photos on the go.
- Joby GorillaPod video tripod—speaking of your phone, get a Joby GorillaPod tripod for shake-free video and stunning stills. This flexible-leg table-top tripod allows you to mount small cameras in places full-sized tripods can’t go, and clamps on tightly to hold any angle for interesting images. With magnetic feet and a pan and tilt video head, this is a great accessory for any photography enthusiast.
- Camera backpacks—bags are great but a backpack evenly distributes the weight of your equipment and keeps your hands free. We carry all the top brands with user-friendly features like moisture-wicking shoulder straps and built-in storage flaps. Why buy online and guess if a piece is what you really want and need? Visit our camera stores in Greenfield or Waukesha/Pewaukee to see how your equipment fits and how it feels.
- Memory card—the key to learning new photographic techniques is practice, practice, practice, so keep taking a lot of photos. Just make sure you never run out of memory and miss an important moment with large capacity memory cards. And remember, if you accidently delete some photos or damage an existing card, we may be able to help—contact us about memory rescue services.
Keep Shooting for Something Better
The season of giving may be over, but opportunities to save memories never end. Resolve to make this year a great one for photography, and to keep improving the craft that makes you happy. The new pieces listed above can help, but don’t forget that we also have lots of great classes to help you make the most of the equipment you’ve already got and rental options so you can try before you buy. From everyone at Art’s Cameras, Happy 2019!