Photographers, camera enthusiasts and image specialists are creative by nature, always looking at the big picture. That’s why we’ve used this phrase in naming our blog—because we also see more when it comes to the world of photography. This monthly blog will share the latest on the products, techniques and opportunities that take your passion and your pictures to the next level. Thanks for joining us, and don’t forget to smile!
The start of a new year is a time of hope—when we all plan for better things. If you’re hoping to take better pictures, keep this New Year’s resolution with a trip to Art’s Cameras Plus. Our expert sales staff can help you find just the right photography equipment to capture the best of the days and weeks ahead. Below are some of the things new and experienced photographers alike can use for better photos and video.
- Polarizing filter—this is one of the most popular lenses to add to your bag. It’s the key to eliminating unwanted reflections, so light won’t play off of water, glass, and other non-metallic surfaces in your shot. It also makes colors appear more clear and saturated, with better contrast—without affecting the overall color balance of your image.
- Mobile lens kit—very often, great photo opportunities happen unexpectedly. Be prepared by outfitting the camera that’s always at hand—the one on your smartphone. A mobile lens kit has a number of lens options that attach to your phone or tablet with a clip mount or magnet so you’re ready for anything. From wide angle and telephoto/macro to fisheye, mobile lenses are a fun way to get better photos on the go.
- Joby GorillaPod video tripod—speaking of your phone, get a Joby GorillaPod tripod for shake-free video and stunning stills. This flexible-leg table-top tripod allows you to mount small cameras in places full-sized tripods can’t go, and clamps on tightly to hold any angle for interesting images. With magnetic feet and a pan and tilt video head, this is a great accessory for any photography enthusiast.
- Camera backpacks—bags are great but a backpack evenly distributes the weight of your equipment and keeps your hands free. We carry all the top brands with user-friendly features like moisture-wicking shoulder straps and built-in storage flaps. Why buy online and guess if a piece is what you really want and need? Visit our camera stores in Greenfield or Waukesha/Pewaukee to see how your equipment fits and how it feels.
- Memory card—the key to learning new photographic techniques is practice, practice, practice, so keep taking a lot of photos. Just make sure you never run out of memory and miss an important moment with large capacity memory cards. And remember, if you accidently delete some photos or damage an existing card, we may be able to help—contact us about memory rescue services.
Keep Shooting for Something Better
The season of giving may be over, but opportunities to save memories never end. Resolve to make this year a great one for photography, and to keep improving the craft that makes you happy. The new pieces listed above can help, but don’t forget that we also have lots of great classes to help you make the most of the equipment you’ve already got and rental options so you can try before you buy. From everyone at Art’s Cameras, Happy 2019!
The holidays are fast approaching, and that means lots of chances for great photos—especially if you’re willing to put a new twist on your traditional picture-taking. The professional photographers at Art’s Cameras Plus suggest getting creative instead of playing it safe—because breaking a few rules can mean creating some truly unique images. Don’t Say Cheese—holidays are [...]
When you buy a new digital SLR camera, you suddenly have a lot of options for taking better photos, but first you have to figure out the basics—like choosing whether to work with JPEG or RAW files. Better yet, start simply by decoding all those acronyms: SLR stands for single lens reflex; JPEG stands for [...]
Summer vacation season is just around the corner. Preserve your memories of special events, favorite destinations, and time with loved ones through exceptional outdoor photography. Here are five tips from the experts at Art’s Cameras Plus that can help you take better pictures: Go for the Gold—a common term in outdoor photography is shooting during the [...]
The technology in today’s cameras make the auto-flash feature pretty reliable—your equipment can quickly assess and adjust to lighting needs for better images. For really great images, however, you’ll need to understand and control lighting. When you do this, photography goes from ordinary to extraordinary. Here are five tips from the pros at Art’s Cameras [...]
As one of only a few camera stores in the entire Midwest to not only survive the online shopping revolution, but to continue to thrive, Art’s Cameras Plus is all about gratitude. We know how fortunate we are to have made the right changes at the right time, and are grateful to every customer whose [...]
Photography is popular for many reasons, with one of the most important being that anyone can capture a great image. Maybe you have all the right equipment, maybe you’ve positioned everyone and everything just right, or maybe you just have incredible luck or timing. At Art’s Cameras Plus, we love that photography is rewarding for [...]
You can learn almost anything online, but the difference is that little word: almost. When it comes to photography, there is no substitute, site, app, or video that can replace the hands-on experience of learning from an actual photographer who is passionate about what he or she does. That’s what you’ll find at Art’s Camera [...]
Photography is a growing interest—not only are more people discovering the art of taking pictures, but once they start, their enthusiasm tends to grow as well. And so does their personal inventory of equipment. Developing your skills with new cameras, lenses, and accessories is fun, but it can also become expensive. At Art’s Cameras Plus, [...]